How to test Google Contacts functions through Google Contacts API using Postman?
- As u already know, we need to have Google Chrome running in your machine with the Postman extension installed in it.
- You must have a Google Contacts account. Don't worry, if you do have a gmail account, you will be having a Google Contacts account as well. All you need to do is to login to it at least once using the following url.
- Of course, you need to have Contacts in your account to start testing any function given in the api.
- You need to refer the Google Contacts API documentation well before starting to test them. The below link will direct you to the latest version of it.
- The most important thing is you need to obtain an authorization access token from Google Developers' OAuth 2.0 Playground. Follow the below link to obtain it and note i will explain you how to get the access token step by step.
Obtaining an Autherization access token from Google Developers' OAuth 2.0 playground for Google Contacts
Check the below shown screenshot to identify the function correctly.
How to test the Retrieve All contacts function in postman?
If you didn't enter an email in the request url, then the default email will be used which means the account that you have currently logged in.